Pennies
















Have you ever watched the movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeves??

In it, Christopher Reeves falls in love with a woman who lived the bulk of her life before he was ever born and in fact had recently died, making his love for her seem even more devastating and impossible.

His desire to be with her though is limitless and with the help of a professor (read: friends, family, mentor, yadda yadda), he discovers a way to use self-hypnosis to literally will himself back in time to be with her.

It's amazing! He dresses in period clothing, lays down in the hotel he knows she once stayed and mentally overcomes all space and time (and impossibility!) to be where he wants to be, when he wants to be there and with the person he's chosen to love above all others.

And life is good!

Then one day, he reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a couple modern day pennies. And just the sight of these pennies launches him instantly back to present day- to a time where he doesn't want to be - to a life that he can't bare being part of now that he knows what its like to be happy.



Well, I've got my pennies too and I'm getting rid of them all! I'm finally changing everything back to my maiden name, even the little stupid things that I forgot about like my profile name for my email account.

I'm throwing away all the nicknacks that don't mean anything to me and do nothing but launch me mentally back to a time that I can't bare being a part of.

So much hard work has gone into getting me where I am today and I'm happy. It feels good to be purging these last little pennies of sorrow and frustration.

Hell, I'm living a life of my choosing. I've earned the right to go forward instead of back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent