Drunk Posting

I'm not drunk, but I'm close to it.

Matt was supposed to get out of work between 4-5 this afternoon. Its now 9:39pm and he isn't home yet. He has to run his restaurant with the bare minimum of employees in order to meet his labor budget so when one of his guys called to say that his car broke down and then shut off his phone, there went pretty much any chance I had of seeing my sweetheart today. I'm so sad for him. With great success comes such great responsibility.



I had today off. In fact, I have the next three days off. I wish I could work his days for him. What will I do with all this time? Well I'll tell you...

Today, I:

1. Washed all of our clothes, towels, sheets, blankets, dog beds, floors, table tops, windows, dishes, sinks and for good measure also our tub, toilet and refrigerator.

2. Scrubbed the dog smell out of the carpet.
3. Scrubbed the dog smell out of the dogs.
4. Grocery shopped.
5. Beer shopped.
6. Figured out the combination on our storage unit. Put a bunch of junk in there.
7. Prepped a dinner that Matt won't eat.
8. Paid all our bills.
9. Realized that if money doesn't pick up now that I've been begun bartending again, I'll be lucky to make 40k at my current job this year... before taxes.
10. Ate the dinner Matt won't eat.
11. And drank one beer shy of too many. 


I've also watched waaaaay too many Julia Roberts movies. On at the moment, Pretty Woman. This movie does two things to drunk Jillian. One: It makes me so excited that down-to-earth spunky girls like me get to be swept up off their feet by super rich handsome men who can see straight through our rough edges to our beautiful heart. Two: It makes me sad to realize that part of me really (really!) did believe that adult life would somehow end up playing out like it does in the movies. (It also makes me sad that Matt is probably going to read this and think that I want to be swept up off my feet by a rich Richard Gere, but sober Jillian will fix that bridge when she comes to it. I love him and everything that comes with him! I'm going to marry this shit out of my guy!)

So I'm being ridiculous and I'm probably going to be ridiculous for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow though, I'm going to wake up and start all over again because well, that's just what you do. I'm going to wake up, have my coffee and pretend that I didn't just drunk dial my own blog. Maybe I'll see my girl Kalee and her little girl Marlow. Maybe we'll go to a pumpkin patch, take a bunch of pictures and pretend for a minute that life isn't off track at the moment. Maybe Matt will actually get to work a simple 8 hour shift and can join us at some point. I'll hug him so hard if that happens! And if it doesn't, I'll hug him anyway and finish my day the way I am right now... hoping that this is a means to an end and that good times are sailing our way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent