Venue Bound.

We are on a quest! A quest to find the perfect wedding venue. And if you are anything like me, the 9 year old little girl inside your head is pulling you in ten different directions. I've been piecing together these wedding ideas for easily over 25 years now! How am I to pick... one theme? ... one color scheme? ...one venue??!!

I guess that is the plight of every adult - to decide or not to decide. Sorry to kinda drag you into this, Shakespeare.

Despite all my indecision, a motif is undeniably taking shape. Vintage Jill is staying VINTAGE!

[Background information - it had been decided one silly night long ago that I should forever be referred to as Vintage Jill. Not because I dress or act particularly so, but because I am old (compared to the rest of the gang, that is) and yet... fabulous! I didn't fight this title very hard at all.]

We have been leaning toward a blush color palette and are jazzed at the idea of a slightly Parisian theme. We've found the most amazing band!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the top excited about them, but need to shut my mouth now. This band is going to be the greatest surprise to those attending the big day!

This weekend, Matt and I did finally start exploring the Long Island Wine Trail. It's a little deserted this time of year, but still overwhelmingly quaint and welcoming. And the way we see it, if we can love this land when it's barren and asleep, imagine how increasingly perfect the terrain will become when the heat rolls back in and we can use the word "lush" again!



We were so wrapped up in the food and drink of the area that we really only thought to snap a couple photos just as the sun was setting.





How intensely beautiful is this place?!

We both love the idea of being outside and taking the time leading up to the party to locally source much of the food and wine. Matt is going to play a big part in the menu design and plans to really showcase his French culinary roots. I, being so heavily involved in drink, love the idea of hand selecting the wines from the area to pair with his food. Perhaps, instead of a sit down meal, we'll have a stations around the property food and wine pairings. How great would it be if we can get someone from the vineyards to come in and drop some knowledge on us. Just an idea! Who knows!



Matt is so great for playing along!



Last photo of the night - complete with my Well Wed Magazing :) Can't wait to go back!


0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent