Bounty Hearts Sito!

If you recall, my Sito (grandmother) loves her some Bounty Paper Towels.

I put together this great letter, complete with a dozen photos, detailing exactly how deep this love for Bounty runs and sent it to Procter & Gamble on her behalf. She would have died of embarrassment if she knew I did that, but hey, I figure what she doesn't know won't kill her and the resulting happiness was SO worth it.

I asked P&G to drop Little Mary a letter in thanks and instead they sent me directly a boring, generic reply. I say Boo and Blah to that! Out came Photoshop and within minutes, we had a much more awesome letter "from them" simply thanking her, from their family to hers, for her lifetime of loyalty.


And to sweeten the pot, I got the biggest/baddest package of Bounty I could find and I mailed it to her with the letter - again Photoshopping a fairly authentic looking shipping label for the box. I used the box from my most recent Soap.com delivery for added authenticity. She's in her 80's - details count, but don't exactly have to make sense. :)



I sent it via USPS for $12 and it arrived to her by the end of the week.


I showed up two days later myself and still no one had mentioned her having received it. I was bummed! Had it not arrived? Had it gotten lost?

I did some reconnaissance. I asked my Uncle if she had received any unusual packages recently - he immediately perked up: Did you send that?? he asked.

Oh, no. I answered, that was straight from Bounty. Why risk killing the surprise? I tipped them off to her though. What did she say when she got it?

He shared this picture:


Sito! I shout enthusiastically as I walk into her bedroom, You got a package from Bounty??

Oh, yes! she says. It's the really good one. The big one. It's on the table - Look!

 I stroll over to admire and she follows me... smiling ear to ear.

What did the letter say? I ask. She grabs it. She had it on her nightstand next to her bed. She lets me read it from top to bottom out loud without interrupting.

I think someone's pranking me. She says this in the way that gives the impression she doesn't want to be caught looking like a fool if it does turn out to be a prank, but clearly she's on board.

No way, I say. Look at this letter, Sito. It has the company logo. I point. It has a reverence number! This is legit, I say.

She takes the letter back and folds it. I don't know how they found me... she trails off and I know she believes and that at least for a moment she feels special and is happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent