Vintage Day

Happy 4th of July!!
July 4th is the greatest day! Its the day every year that I set a list of goals for myself and celebrate victory over the things that I have overcome in the year that passed. AND as an added bonus, everyone is off work and ready to drink their faces off while enjoying outdoor activities. 

Its a holiday made in heaven.

Except this year I am crazy sick. Sick to the point that I keep waking up, eating a faction of a meal, woefully declaring my throat to be on fire and then passing back out again. I'm writing this post as quickly as I can because if this trend continues my eyes are very likely going to slam shut on me in 20 minutes.  Let's do this!

*  *  *  *  *  *  * 

I've saved this activity for today's post because it was such a perfect day. One that I truly hope I get to repeat a million times before the end of my life. It was a day full of incredible people, delicious food, vintage shopping and unexpected adventure.


Matt never ever gets to whoop it up with us at Mandatory Sunday Brunch so having him here for Vintage Day was the biggest treat of all. For brunch itself we hit up a french place in Nolita (Manhattan) for some ohdeardrea inspired cuisine - the whole menu offered delicious things on toast! We started with drinks.... because, well, that's how we do. 

In attendance: 


Cristina - my first friend in New York City and a ray of sunshine in any day. Among a slue of impressive talents, perhaps her most natural one is her ability to accessorize. No shopping day is complete without this girl's expertise in tow. You may remember her from the Dress Diaries post. P.S. - Check out the PIPI Room in the background! What better title for a french bathroom. 


Mike and Marisa - Mike could very well be my favorite friend in NYC and not just because we are pretty much the same exact person. A little bit about him: he's an incredibly gifted photographer and has been known to suck down his morning coffee and spew 17 mind bending ideas a minute your way until you are so excited about the future that you want to quit your job on the spot and get started on what you should really be doing with your life. Marisa, his too gorgeous to be fair girlfriend, is allot like Matt so no wonder I find myself wanting to spend all day every day with her. She is a makeup artist and foodie extraordinaire. Someone needs to put her on tv.


And then we have two new friends - Diana and Erin! Take all the energy, enthusiasm and awesomeness you've ever known, multiply by 10 and accessorize it with some cute earrings and maybe you'll come close to how I feel about these two girls. Diana is in the city pursing an acting career and Erin is here in part for love. By the end of the brunch alone, both had earned a standing invite to every single event I ever organize in the future. A day is inevitably better having them a part of it. 

Ok... I'm starting to crash again. Stupid immune system. Let's let the pictures do some talking...














Half way through the day, we stumbled upon the Pride Parade. And since we clearly could not beat the crowds, we joined them!!






This pictures defies explanation. 



We ended up next at our favorite whiskey bar but I'm going to save these details for later. This place deserves its own post! Stay tuned!!


Leaving the bar, we hatched a plan. We would break down into groups, scavenge the city for delicious ingredients and meet back at our place on the Upper East Side in 27 minutes for an impromptu dinner party!

But not before a costume change! Thanks to Vintage Day, this little number is the newest member of my vintage collection. Purchased at Shareen Vintage for $36. 





Oh yeah. Matt and I have a private secluded backyard in the city. Jealous? You should be.


Drunk photographers = drunk photographs. 




Dogs eye view!


 Our building shares a wall with the Irish pub Ryan's Daughter and so naturally our night ended there. It was a day of a million laughs and we all left feeling as though we had been part of something special. I'm certain everyone would agree that it was a perfect day... except maybe Matt, who was left with all the dishes :)



MORE PHOTOS: 




1 comments:

  1. Lauren K said...
     

    Man, that looks like a fun day! I'm loving that vintage bracelet with the orange stones... looks like one I sold a while back in my vintage shop on Etsy only mine had green stones. Next time I want to come!

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent