ACTIVITY: Self Soothing

If you are anything like me having time alone is a rare occurrence, one that happens usually with very little notice and so can be inexplicably unnerving. What does one do when they can do anything??

I rarely have time alone because more often than not I busy myself being someone's girlfriends... someone's employee... someone's friend. I so rarely get to be just me and when I do, I'm instantly overwhelmed with my hopes for how I'll spend my day (read: first a spa day, then a trip to the beach, then shopping, then check out a museum, then catch a show, then read a great book, then cook for a change, in bed early, then...aaaahhhhh!). If I don't reign it in, I almost always end up doing something I need to do (read: pay bills) instead of what I want to do . Sadly, with all the mental checklists I make in a week of things I have to do, I'm more prepared to accomplish a boring ol' task in my free time than to either indulgence in my social life or dare I say... do nothing at all.

Well, I'm staking a flag in this day and claiming it as my own! Pointless indulgence, here I come!!


 How to make Rice Crispy Treats:

Melt one stick of butter on low heat.
Add in one whole bag of Marshmallows and push them around until they too are melted.
Add in Rice Crispies a little at a time and mix it all about.
You do the hokie pokie and plop it on a plate.
That's what its all about. 

This could be another post in the What Pudge Does NOT Eat category. Look at those hungry eyes!
Me (and Pudge apparently) like to pile it all together and eat as much as we can in one sitting while its all still warm and gooey.


Turn on some low lighting or spark up some candles and suddenly a lonely night is an awesomely sweet solo night!

Throw in a bottle of wine and a chick flick and this might be the best date night in the world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent