The 31st Birthday Bash

Happy National Hangover Day to everyone and Happy Birthday to me!



I hope that everyone enjoyed their St. Patty's Day as much as I did!

For the birthday segment of the day, there was an epic coming together of all my favorite NYC friends, who took in brunch with me at my all time favorite NYC spot: Spina on 11 and B.

Image from www.homeaway.com
 What's great about this place -besides the crazy delicious menu and $10 bottles of prosecco!- is the staff, who remember Matt and I by name despite all the time that's past since we were last there.

Background: Spina had become a mandatory check point for us back when we were living in the East Village - at first simply because it was pretty much directly across the street from our front door, but then also because of the kick ass experiences we had there week after week after week. In truth, it's partly what made me love NYC from the start. It's also one of those places I'm sure Matt and I will look back upon someday and say Man, how great was it when we lived in that tiny apartment together and ate at that little place across the street all the time. What was it called again? Oh yeah! Spina! Wasn't that so great... 

We're already thinking that. Just walking down 11th Street had Matt and I feeling all nostalgic. We really connected with that neighborhood, more so than I had ever done before or since. We really should move back. It's just a shame that the commute is a little annoying.


But I digress.

The birthday festivities were top notch!!

These flowers smell like Easter. I love when things smell like memories!
It being Saturday and 65 degrees out in March and St. Patty's Day to boot, it was as though the whole city had come out to celebrate with me. The excitement of the day was palpable. Between the dozen friends who rally for brunch, we finished 14 bottles of prosecco.

The smiles were gigantic and there was not a person present who wasn't fully on board with the celebration.

Matt and Little B!
One great realization I am taking away from this birthday is the quality of friends I have come to surround myself with and I would like to acknowledge some of them here and now for all their amazingness.

Matt: You are the love of my life.
Thank you for being you and for giving me us.
Kalee: You are my home. I know that my life will always be good because I will always have you.
Marlow: I love you more than I ever thought I could! You inspire so much excitement in me for the future!
Kenny: I love every bit of you, even when you're a pain in my ass. I am so crazy proud of the man you have become. When I think of me, I automatically think of you. I don't ever want a life without you in it.
Audrey: You're my trials and my tribulations. You're also where I gain my strength. There is so much I wish for you, but I can finally except you for who you are. Don't change unless you want to. I will love you either way.
Manda: I have this feeling we'd be great friends even if you weren't Matt's sister. That's pretty amazing. Thank you sincerely for welcoming me into your family.
Daisy: My life brought me to NYC to find you. I know that you'll always be uncontrollably happy for me  because that is your nature and I trust wholeheartedly that I can lean my full weight against you if I ever had to and know that you would hope me up. This world needs more people like you. 
Lauren: You befriended me even when I was weird and awkward and a little broken. Because of you, I grew to like myself. Thank you for your love and for our history.
Sarah and Uncle Matty: I'm putting you two together because I often feel the same way about you two. We were all so close at a time when I loved and hated my life the most. Such extremes leave such a deep impression on a person. I'm so grateful that no matter how much time passes between our hellos, we are just as close now as we ever were before.
Cristina: You're such a doll. Everything we do together is phenomenal just because you are who you are.
Mike Kelly: Thank you for being my creative friend and for getting me all jazzed up over the exciting ideas bouncing around in your head.
Rose, Lauren, Vineet and Joe: Thank you sincerely for being my friends too and not just Matt's. You have accepted me from the start and not just as one of Matt's girlfriends. That is really special and I am so grateful.

"This is a weird scene," says Mike Kelly.
 The party continued at our place as the birthday festivities turned more and more Irish. St. Patty, you have been celebrated to the best of our ability. I hope we made you proud!


1 comments:

  1. Kalee said...
     

    glad your birthday was awesome. We wish we could have been there !!!

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent