Apparently I'm trendy.

I'm trendy. 
Who knew?
 

I certainly didn't. 

We rocked up to the Ganesvoort Luxury Hotel this past Sunday with the spontaneous plan to try and get in to the private rooftop party. *Important Note* This is so not usually my scene and in truth I had no idea exactly what I getting myself into - I've never been there or any place like it! It was a surreal experience from the get go, starting at the front door where I was recognized by the promoter standing there who quickly whisked us in, slapped bracelets on our wrists and directed us to our private table and bottle service. Turns out we know the GM too. Uuuuh, I know... whoa. 



Inside it was a thumping house music mania filled with gorgeous young torsos that wiggled and gyrated to the beat. The desire to see was rivaled only by the desire to be seen. This picture really doesn't do it justice.


These lovely ladies were my Mandatory Sunday Brunch dates that day. We all showed up to the meal hungover and a bit pissy, but by the end of a couple mimosas we had officially rallied and this rooftop plan was hatched. The three of us together are a motley crew who feed off each others' energy and who are always up for checking out what New York has to offer that day, so finding out that we were fabulous enough to get into this party made us giggle deep down in our bellies.


This is just a nobody who didn't remember me the first 10 times we met and now calls me some sort of J name when he sees me (Julian, Julie, Julia), but I look skinny in this photo and since I'm totally committed to seeking out and posting skinny photos of myself, this bad boy made it in. (Side Note: Matt's theory is that to maintain a reputation of being a muscular dude or a skinny chick, you have to post to facebook one perfectly angled picture proving so a year or better yet a quarter if you can manage it. Then any fat days you have that year don't count. Ha!)


Bottle service. Despite my years in the bar business, this is the first time I've actually been part of a table. Its a mighty expensive activity but awesomely social and builds a really camaraderie amongst the group. Also, its so great not having to wait in line at the bar. Its not so great because you find yourself racing through your drink so that you can get another one before the bottle's killed. So you find yourself dancing on top of the cabanas and posting with the bottle...


Boy, do I love this girl!




Purple sunglasses to match her purple bathing suit? Genius.


Two skinny shots in one day?! YAY!

The day ended way later than any of us had intended, but I for one was glad for the glimpse into those caviar dreams. I know now without a doubt that had I been fabulously rich and gotten swept up into the beautiful world of the young & elite, I could have hob nobbed like the best of them. I also know that this isn't really my thing and I'm cool with that. Thank you kindly, Ganesvoort Rooftop, for access to the shindig (and for the skinny photo op!) I had a blast. As my mother always said, 'nothing feels better than being invited to the party.'

Also, thanks for this picture of money raining down on my boss. That's good stuff. 


Happy weekending everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent